Thursday, November 3, 2011

First comes love...

I'm not sure if I believe in destiny, but there's one thing I know for certain: If my life is destined for anything, it's motherhood.

I've always known that I would have children, and until this point, I've just been waiting for all of the pieces to fall into place. When I think back, it feels like my biological clock has been loudly ticking since I turned 16; when I was younger, I pictured myself getting married and having children in my early twenties. I had a handful of boyfriends in college, but when my one serious relationship failed and I could no longer stand to be in the same room as the boy whom I thought was "The One," I had come to terms with the fact that my timeline had changed.

Now, here I am. Twenty-seven in a few weeks, married for two years to a man I never thought I would find --a man who is an amazing husband and will be a wonderful father-- ready to start trying.

And I'm scared.

Yes, the fact that I may not get pregnant easily scares me, but even more so I'm effing terrified that I won't be good enough when I do. But, that's a post for another day.

So here I am. We're trying. Scary, beautiful, exhilarating, gross... and everything else in between, this is our journey to becoming parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment